A Lecturer position is advertised at the Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Nelson Mandela University. Please see the attachment, and the contact details therein, for further information.
Two positions, one in Pure Mathematics, and one in Applied Mathematics, have been re-advertised. Both positions are at the Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level.
The closing dates for the applications for Pure Mathematics and Applied Mathematics are 6 May 2022 and 9 May 2022 respectively.
Please see the attachments for more information on these positions.
Following the SAMS AGM of 1 December 2021, there is a new SAMS Council.
Click here to see the nominees for the 4 vacant positions.
64th Annual Congress of the South African Mathematical Society 29 November – 1 December 2021, online
Registration and abstract submissions: For registration, abstract submissions and further information, please visit the congress’ website: https://samscongress.co.za/
Abstract submission deadline: 23 September
Registration deadline: 15 November
· Lie symmetries and other approaches in solving nonlinear differential equations
· Functional Analysis and Operator Theory
· Graph theory and Combinatorics (Special session in Honour of Izak Broere)
· Category Theory, Algebra, Topology, Logic (Special session in honour of Hans-Peter Künzi)
· Applied and Numerical Mathematics
· Finite Groups and Combinatorial Structures
Please see the attachment for the titles and abstract of two of the five plenary speakers.